Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Australia Story (p8), Shelley Beach: Nature Takes Its Course



So why, exactly, did I decide to go to another gay nude beach? My goal was to at least see all that I could, and this was one that I hadn't seen yet. I handled the other creeps pretty well, so I figured I wouldn't have much trouble here.

I rode my bike to Pallerenda as far north as I could get, and hiked out to Shelley Beach. I knew that Shelley Beach, at some point, was blocked from easy access when the tide was high. I checked the tide predictions before I left, and timed it so that I wouldn't have to wait to get on, or be stuck on the beach. The place that acted as the 'gateway' also had a geocache, which I found while waiting for the tide to go down a bit further. There were a few clothed people around up until this point. This was a very long stretch of beach with many sections and with a sparse population -- just the way I like it. (The picture above shows the size, click for a bigger view. There was quite a bit more beach behind me as well.)

I continued on down the beach and noticed a few guys here and there and a few sets of clothes along the back and on the beach, but didn't think anything of it. It was a beautiful beach, and I wanted to hike all the way to the end before I found a place to disrobe and lay down. Mostly, I wanted to see if there were more people towards the end since the population had been so sparse.

It's a long hike, but I made it. I took in the view for a moment, then noticed a couple of men in the bush behind me. (In fact, it's been all men thus far, probably about 10 of them in total and all naked.) One of the men was touching themselves, and they appeared to be getting ready for something sexual. This wasn't the place for me at the moment! I started back.

So, where should I get naked? I couldn't decide, because I had two conflicting thoughts. First was that the men were all gay and I didn't want to be in the same section as them. Second was that I didn't want to be alone while nude. I kept walking, since no spot seemed like a good one.

In a section not far from the 'gateway', I stopped. I was right by a single set of clothes that were on and around a rock. The clothes looked somewhat fresh, but not within the last couple hours fresh. They were blown around a bit and the shoes had sand around them. I looked around, and saw some other clothing towards the back. I looked towards the ocean. There was absolutely nobody around here, and I was pretty sure everyone else had their clothing with them further down the beach. This is the moment when I got creeped out... I bet that people were here, went for a swim in the dangerous ocean, and never came back. Nobody would call the cops to investigate, because the cops would arrest the other nudies and patrol the beach. I remembered seeing several other sets of clothing with nobody around them in other parts of the beach.

I try not to think about that.

No nudity today -- I just went home. Later on I did have some regrets that I didn't go nude for a while. I'm fairly certain that none of the men would've bugged me, because they all kept to themselves pretty well. And even going nude alone wouldn't be so bad, because there were no textilers in the area. This was certainly the most secluded beach that I have ever been to. If I ever go back, I'd love to walk the whole length of the beach (beyond the 'gateway') nude.

I had time for one last trip before leaving Australia, and I knew exactly where I wanted to go.

PREVIOUS PAGE -- NEXT PAGE

No comments: